God is faithful and can be trusted, no matter what happens.
Please pray for the situation – especially for God’s Wisdom and direction for the leaders of our nation and around the world.
1. Keep your focus on God: We each have a key role to play in encouraging, informing and looking after those around us.
2. Be wise. We each must take steps to protect ourselves and those around us. It is the simple things like properly washing our hands, and practicing social distancing that will make a huge difference.
3. Stay up to date. The latest news from the Department of Health is available here
John 14:27 (Jesus speaking) “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid“
The latest statistics (17 June 2020) from the World Health Organization’s report
Firstly, we need face masks all over our country. Children will need to wear masks as they go back to school and for rest of us as we live with COVID-19.
Face masks and gloves will be required in schools, in churches, in work places, in buses, in cars, in planes, in ships, and life in general with COVID-19. Let us adjust to life with viruses.
Secondly, we also need garden foods, start producing extra to sell, we want to but them. Yesterday we bought 35 bags of kaukau from a hard working farmer for K5000.
All districts will become buying hub for our agriculture products. Let’s work.
Let’s not just complain, our ancestors live through tougher times then we are today, let’s all work and not just live through life seeing negatives all times.
Crisis brings opportunities too, the world need food, let us grow the food here in PNG.
On other business areas, BSP has written to me to lend at 5% for 15 years, Kina and NDB at 4% for 20 years, all PNGeans who already in business or want to go in business , tidy your books and work.
All PNGeans have land, convert your land to food and money. Every day people need food. We will buy the food.
Last night our Prime Minister James Marape confirmed that a second case of COVID-19 has been detected in PNG.
A 40 year old woman from the East New Britain province was admitted to hospital late last month and testing has now come back positive for COVID-19. She is in isolation and her home village with be placed in lockdown in an attempt to prevent further spread of the disease.
PNG’s first confirmed case of COVID-19 was evacuated to Australia on the 23rd March.
Good evening PNG,
Today we living in an environment of insecurities due to corona virus. The virus is moved when people move from place to place. The world and our next door neighbors have greater number of infected persons and our weak health care systems, government had to take responsible approach.
Within those context, parliament passed an extension to State of Emergency (SOE) for further two months.
The SOE is not meant to harm us but protect us from the spread of Corona Virus ( C19). By the expiry of our earlier SOE induced 14 days shut down , the isolation strategy was to keep C19 from spreading it is presence in our country.
We are mapping our country on C19, thank God Yahweh so far our country is free of virus.
But that does not mean we become complacent. Based on global and regional medical trend and evidence before Government on the dangers of lack of protective measures, our country stands totally exposed to the devastation C19 can cause to our people and economy.
Today’s SOE extension will have operation orders that is less restrictive depending on situation going into the future. For instance by next Tuesday ( if we C19 free by Monday ) we will resume all domestics flights, will allow PMVs to operate, markets to operate , work to resume etc.
Our 21 provinces will be our coordinating centers and three key coordinating person are the PPC, PA and CEO of PHAs.
We will push in April to have C19 centers in Weom, Kiunga, Vanimo , Telefomin and Wewak. We will also work with Bougainville Government for a post in South Bougainville.
I ask all citizens that this are trying times, just because there is no infected person presently is no reason for us to be complacent.
Your freedom remains but for public safety including yourself , the Controller can make intervention at individual or group or provincial levels going into the future.
Churches and work places and public gathering must now readjust to minimal number of person ( small groups) with safe distance of work and socializations.
We will make further announcements including safety of our children at schools, considering of evidences, trends and presence of C19 after the 14 day isolation phase expires next Sunday.
For those overseas trying to travel in, we will do special uplift from Brisbane and Cairns and Singapore under special clearance from Controller when we establish your medical clearances and you will be isolated here for 14 days.
God bless PNG.
In a statement by our Prime Minister yesterday he said that as at Sunday morning there have been no positive cases of COVID-19 reported in PNG. And that this week our Government will be ensuring supplies are sent out to all provinces and they are working on sourcing protective gear for our health workers.
Let’s continue to pray for our Nation’s leaders and for God’s continued protection over the people of our nation.
Sunday, 22 March 2020
Today based on advice from the COVJD-19 National Operation Centre (NOC 19) and National Security Council (NSC) recommendations, the National Executive Council (NEC) in an emergency meeting has decided on the following measures in light of first positive case of COVID-19 in our country.
This is a national security issue now and not just a health issue but a cross cutting issue including effect on economy, law and order and education of our children amongst other effects. Hence, the relevance of the following measures.
So far, we have done trace of the person that came into our country and he remains to date our only positive person who is in isolation and recovering but to clearly demarcate our country from spread and for Government to take stock from this bio security breach, we are taking the following measures.
- Confirm this first case and its impact to ensure we contain its impact including treating, curing and sending the victim back to Australia.
- Taking stock of all entry into PNG after 7th of March to ensure all are checked, tested and status of health affirmed. All who have come in or those that have come in contact with those who came into PNG since 7th of March are to report to the hotline below.
- Declare a State of Emergency for 14 days starting on Tuesday the 24th of March in which the Commissioner of Police will assume control assisted by a call out placed on military to ensure lawful order, control and response to SOE control measures.
- Following on our stop of incoming international flights, we now stopping all domestic flights for the next 14 days starting on Tuesday this week.
- We direct that as of Tuesday 24th March 2020, no Public transportation of people and no movement from one province to another for a 14 day period. Only approved cargo and medicine and police /military personal will be moving. It is a 14 day lockdown in our country where ever you are.
- The Provincial Governors and their Provincial Administrators with Provincial Police Commanders with the respective Provincial Health Authorities will be control points in all provinces.
- All heads of departments and private companies are to embrace safe work place practise and non-essential staff are asked to stay at home for the next 14 days.
- Education and Higher Education departments are asked to advance first term holiday as of tomorrow 23rd of March and the next 14 days are to be school holidays.
- AlI who have come into the country as from the 7th of March 2020 or those who made contact with those who came into the country from that date please report, call or text to the hotline below.
- No border crossing by foot or canoe and police lanny presence m border areas will be stepped up.
- Banks and financial institutions and super funds will be mobilised to work with Government on economic rescue packages for business in this down time.
- The SOE controller through the office of Prime Minister will be the only official point of releasing statements to public.
- The SOE controller will issue on details on bow citizens and our country respond and behave in this time and breach of those will be punished as offence in times of emergency.
- ICCC will ensure prices of all goods are within lawful range.
- We setting multi sector agency task forces to report to the National Security Coordination centre to be at work 24 hours for 7 days until further notice.
- All foreign friends of PNG in our country, your embassies and missions are available including our Foreign Affairs Department, to assist.
- All this will be reviewed after the 14 days in which we would have mapped the presence of COVID-19 virus in our country.
- PNG is a Christian country, we declare that Wednesday 25th of March 2020 becomes a national day of fasting and pray and for the next 21 days.
We have now dividing the country into zones to isolate this virus from spreading.
The mid PNG zone from Morobe and Madang provinces into the entire Highlands, the Central Papua (including NCO, Central and Gulf), the New Guinea Islands Zone, the Sepik Zone, the Western Border Zone, Eastern Papua Zone and the Bougainville Zone.
The SOE controller will delicate the PPCs to police the zones to ensure lawful abiding to this control measures.
We will get through this phase, we ask from corporation from all citizens, residents and businesses houses.
Hotline toll free number is 1800 200 and Bmobile 019, Digicel 71960813.
God bless PNG.